Thursday 14 March 2013

CFDA Award Nominees!


Last night the CFDA award nominations were announced!
And the nominees are.....


International Award: Givenchy’s Riccardo Tisci

Media Award: Tim Blanks

Founders Award: Oscar de la Renta

Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award: Vera Wang

Board of Directors’ Tribute Award: Costume designer Colleen Atwood

Swarovski Award for Accessory Design
Irene Neuwirth
Jennifer Meyer
Pamela Love -My pick!

Swarovski Award for Menswear
Tim Coppens
Todd Snyder - My pick!
Public School’s Dao-Yi Chow and Maxwell Osborne

Swarovski Awards for Womenswear
Suno’s Erin Beatty and Max Osterweis
Creatures of the Wind’s Shane Gabier and Christopher Peters - My pick!
Cushnie et Ochs’ Carly Cushnie and Michelle Ochs

Accessory Designer of the Year
Alexander Wang
Proenza Schouler’s Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez - My pick!
Phillip Lim

Menswear Designer of the Year
Michael Bastian
Thom Browne - My pick!
Duckie Brown’s Steven Cox and Daniel Silver

Womenswear Designer of the Year
Marc Jacobs - My pick!
Alexander Wang - My pick!
Proenza Schouler’s Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez - My pick!
(Its to hard to choose Marc, Alex and Proenza Schouler all so good!!!)

Overall I think the nominees are fabulous the biggest category equivalent to the best picture oscar, womenswear designer of the year, is the hardest category to call and cant wait to see who wins!....The Row won last year. I love the international designer award going to Tisci (should have gone to Raf?) and Veras lifetime achievement!

No comments:

Post a Comment